Admission & Audition Process for Transfer Students
The application for Fall 2018 is now closed! If you are interested in being considered for the Fall 2018 semester, please check back to see if any late applications are being accepted. The next opportunity students will have to apply is October 1st for the Spring 2019 semester.
A complete application includes:
- Submitted application, online or paper
- Up-to-date high school transcript, including credits currently being earned
- Attendance record
Eligible students are invited to audition. Admission is based on openings in each class. You may also fill out our transfer contact form for updates.
Questions to ask:
Is there space available?
Any students interested in transferring to ChiArts Spring 2019 may apply beginning October 1st. Auditions are scheduled for eligible students regardless of any immediate openings. Admissible students will be placed on a wait list if no immediate seats are available. If you have questions, please contact our Admissions office.
Do I Qualify?
We have provided a Transfer Guide to see if you may qualify. You are ineligible if you do NOT meet these minimum academic requirements:
- GPA: 2.5 or higher
- No more than 10 absences per semester, or an attendance rate of 92%
- Earned credits on track with ChiArts graduation requirements (please see Transfer Guide linked here)
I think I’m eligible. What’s the process?
1. Click here to complete our online application. Online application is highly encouraged. If you prefer paper, download and complete our paper application. Please be sure to indicate for which grade you are applying.
2. Submit your documents. You must submit your complete, most recent transcript, including all credits you’ve earned and your current grades. If you have attended more than one high school, please send records of all credits earned from 9th grade to present. Submit both of these documents preferably together, to:
2714 W Augusta, Chicago, IL 60622
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via fax to 773.534.4022
Transcripts and earned credits will be evaluated, and eligible applicants will be invited to audition. Please note that the evaluation process can take weeks, so your patience is apprecited.
It is the responsibility of the student to send in complete applications and transcripts before the deadline set by the Admissions office. The Admissions office cannot move forward in the process without reviewing academics.