Admission & Audition Process: Transfers
The application for Fall 2017 transfers is now CLOSED. If you are interested in being considered for the Fall semester, please contact the Admissions office.
A complete application includes:
- Submitted application, online or paper
- Up-to-date high school transcript
- Attendance record
Eligible students are invited to audition. Admission is based on openings in each class. If you are interested in transferring, please contact the admissions office to find out if an opening is available in your desired area. You may also fill out our transfer contact form for updates.
Questions to ask:
Is there space available?
Any students interested in transferring to ChiArts Fall 2017 may apply beginning March 1st.
Do I Qualify?
We have provided a Transfer Guide to see if you may qualify. You are ineligible if you do NOT meet these minimum academic requirements:
- GPA: 2.5 or higher
- No more than 10 absences per semester
- Earned credits on track with ChiArts graduation requirements (please see Transfer Guide link above)
I think I’m eligible. What’s the process?
1. Click here to complete our online application. Online application is highly encouraged. If you prefer paper, download and complete our paper application. Please be sure to indicate for which grade you are applying.
2. Submit your documents. You must submit your complete, most recent transcript, including all credits you’ve earned and your current schedule If you have attended more than one high school, please send records of all credits earned from 9th grade to present. Submit both of these documents preferably together, to:
2714 W Augusta, Chicago, IL 60622
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via fax to 773.534.4022
Transcripts and earned credits will be evaluated, and eligible applicants will be invited to audition. Please note that the evaluation process can take weeks, up to a month in busy seasons.
It is the responsibility of the student to send in complete applications and transcripts. The admissions office cannot move forward in the process without reviewing academics.