ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR OUR ADMITTED 2023-24 STUDENTS WILL BE POSTED AS INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE!
Watch our welcome video made by our Admissions Team for the accepted Class of 2027!
Offers & Rolling Waitlist Information
Round 1 offers were released via the GoCPS website at 5pm on Friday, March 24th, 2023.
The Rolling Waitlist has opened on GoCPS and will remain open until February 2024 for all students who did not have a chance to apply in Round 1.
If you have any questions regarding the application or acceptance process, please visit the GoCPS website or contact one of their representatives directly at 773-553-2060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admitted Student Resources
ChiArts Student & Parent Resources
Academic Scope & Sequence 2023-24
Parent Support Organization (Contact email: email@example.com)
Visit our ChiArts News Page to reserve tickets for our upcoming performances!
Information on Shadow Days & Campus Tours
Conservatory Overviews & Course Descriptions
- Creative Writing
- Music: Instrumental and Vocal
- Theatre: Acting and Musical Theatre
- Visual Arts
High School Placement Test
The ChiArts High School Placement Test for all accepted students will happen over the Summer. Specific dates and times for each student have been emailed out. Please know that the HSPT is mandatory for all admitted students. Please reach out if you have not received any information regarding the HSPT.
Admissions Office Closed:
Please be aware that the Admissions Office will be closed from July 1st – July 16th. We will return to the Office and reopen on July 17th.
The ChiArts building will be closed for summer break from July 1st – July 9th. If anything urgent is needed while the Admissions Office is closed, the Main Office can be reached when ChiArts reopens on July 10th by calling 773-534-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The enrollment fee of $300* is due prior to Summer Institute in August. This fee is for all students at each grade level. Payment plans and fee waivers are available and can be completed with the main office staff. Please call 773-534-9710 and follow the prompts for the main office with questions.
*Fee amount is subject to change
Enrollment will take place exclusively online and is to be completed by July 28th.
Update: We have discovered that this year, the enrollment emails are being sent directly from PowerSchool. So if you received an email regarding enrollment, but not from PowerSchool, please know that they are the same emails to which we’re referring! Apologies for the mix-up there.
All students have officially been uploaded into PowerSchool. If you did not receive an email from PowerSchool, please be sure to check your spam or trash first, in case it got deleted or misplaced by mistake. If you still cannot find it, please email us and let us know and we will send you the email manually. Please know that
This email will provide instructions on the next steps of the enrollment process, so please be sure to read the entire email carefully. All enrollment is done virtually through PowerSchool. We DO NOT recommend filling out the forms on a phone – a laptop or computer will be the easiest for navigating PowerSchool. If you have limited access to technology, we will be holding in-person enrollment dates this summer (dates TBD).
If you have any questions whatsoever during the registration process, please email email@example.com, or respond to any email from this address, and we can talk you through any trouble spots. Our Registrar, Ms. Ty-Ling, is also available to answer any questions and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 773-534-9710 ext. 12199 (Ella habla español).
Online Registration Tutorial Video Resources
Part 1-Set up and Introduction to Forms
Part 2-Introduction to Forms, Continued
If you have additional questions, please contact the Admissions Office by phone (773-534-9718) or email (email@example.com).
Sorry for any confusion this might have caused!
Summer Institute is a mandatory 3-day orientation in August to prepare freshmen for ChiArts. This year, Summer Institute will be held August 16th – August 18th. These days typically run from 9am-4pm.
This is separate from Summer Camp, which will also be running throughout the summer. ChiArts hosts an annual three-week summer camp designed for students in grades 6th – 8th (including rising 9th-graders) to explore the artistic disciplines of Band, Creative Writing, Dance, Voice, Theatre, and Visual Arts led by artists from The Chicago High School for the Arts. Campers will receive pre-professional training in the arts from ChiArts faculty and alumni teaching artists. This year, Summer Camp will be held July 10th – 28th (Monday – Friday) from 9:00am – 2:00pm. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
First Day of School
The first day of school is August 21, 2023. Our calendar will align with the CPS school calendar for the remainder of the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there tuition to attend your school?
No, we are a public school meaning that we do not require our students to pay tuition to attend ChiArts. We do have a once-yearly $300 fee, but families are welcome to submit to have this fee waived if necessary.
Do I need to live within the Chicago city limits to attend ChiArts?
Yes, we are a part of CPS meaning our students must live within the Chicago city limits in order to attend our school. This is Chicago Public School policy and not something we can budge on. Students must prove residency by July 1st, 2023 or they will forfeit their spot at ChiArts.
How do I accept or decline my offer?
- Confirm your decision via your SchoolMint account on go.cps.edu.
- Please respond no later than Friday, April 14th at 5:00pm. Responses received after April 14th at 5:00pm cannot be accepted by ChiArts or the CPS Office of Access and Enrollment.
- If you are currently a student at a CPS neighborhood, contract, or charter school, you must provide this acceptance letter to your school counselor or designee. This will ensure that the proper changes are made in the CPS student information system.
- All offers must be accepted or declined via GoCPS or else they risk the chance of being considered invalid if they are accepted past the deadline.
- You can reach out to GoCPS directly at 773-553-2060 and email@example.com if you need assistance accepting your offer.
Why didn’t I receive the acceptance email?
- Before contacting us, please first check your SchooMint account via GoCPS. You will be able to view all schools you were admitted into via your account after 5:00pm on March 24th.
- Acceptance emails will start getting sent out after 5:00pm on March 24th. If you see you have been accepted on GoCPS, but have still not received an acceptance email by the end of the day on Friday, please first check your spam to see if it was accidentally sent there.
- If you still do not see an acceptance email by the end of the weekend, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not receive the acceptance email so we can resend it and confirm we have the correct email on file.
How long is the school day?
- The school day is from eight in the morning to five in the afternoon.
- 8:00am – 1:00pm: Academic Portion of the day
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Lunch/Clubs
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm: Conservatory Portion of the day
Do you have to wear a uniform?
We do not have a uniform. As an arts school, we want our students to feel free to express themselves through their clothing. We only ask that students not wear anything featuring offensive, hateful, or inappropriate language/imagery.
Do you have a supply list?
No, we do not have a school supply list for the academic portion of the day. However, in the acceptance packet that students received via email, students can see what materials or attire students may need to bring for the conservatory part of the day.
What are the transportation/school bus options?
- Nearest Bus Routes – Division, Chicago, California, & Western
- Train Lines – Red & Blue Line
- We do have an independently run shuttle bus that is overseen by the Parent Organization here at ChiArts. If that is something you are interested in, we recommend reaching out to them over the summer before school starts at email@example.com. This bus primarily serves students on the South and Southwest sides of Chicago.
Can you study more than one conservatory?
Students are only allowed to study one conservatory while they are here at ChiArts. We have opportunities for students to unofficially explore other art forms outside of their chosen one – for example: The All School Musical/Play, Open Mic Nights, collaborative performances across conservatories, Black Culture Showcase, Hispanic Heritage Showcase, and various clubs, to name a few.
Can students switch conservatories?
Yes, students are allowed to apply to switch conservatories, but it is not guaranteed. Students will have to audition for the conservatory they’re interested in and their admittance will be determined by available spaces in the conservatory they’re interested in.