Admission & Audition Process for Transfer Students
The 2021-22 transfer application is now closed for rising 10-11 graders. All current 9th graders, please visit our website here for information on your process or visit go.cps.edu for more information and a link to the application.
You may also fill out our transfer contact form for updates. Please only fill out this form if the transfer application is closed. Filling it out in lieu of the application will risk a student’s opportunity to transfer for the next semester. A link to the application is below.
If you would like to start gathering the necessary materials to transfer for future semesters, please look below for our transfer process and FAQs. This process is for current or rising 10-11 graders only. If you are a current 9th grader, visit go.cps.edu for more information.
A complete application includes:
- Submitted application, online or paper*
- Up-to-date high school transcript, including in-process credits from the current semester
- Attendance record
*Early applications will not be considered.
Eligible students are invited to audition. Admission is based on openings in each class.
Questions to ask:
Is there space available?
Any students interested in transferring to ChiArts for the 2021-22 school year may apply in Spring/Summer 2021. Inquiries for the Spring 2022 semester may apply in October 2021. Auditions are scheduled for eligible students regardless of any immediate openings. Admissible students will be placed on a wait list if no immediate seats are available. If you have questions, please contact our Admissions office.
Do I Qualify?
We have provided a Transfer Guide to see if you may qualify. You are ineligible if you do NOT meet these minimum academic requirements:
- GPA: 2.5 or higher
- Attendance rate: 92% or higher
- Earned credits on track with ChiArts graduation requirements (please see Transfer Guide linked here)
I think I’m eligible. What’s the process?
If the transfer application is open, complete the following steps. If the transfer application is not open, you must wait until it reopens. Any applications submitted before the transfer application opens will not be considered.
1. Apply. Our online application is available here. Online application is highly encouraged. If you prefer paper, download and complete our paper application. Please be sure to indicate for which grade you are applying.
2. Submit your documents. You must submit your complete, most recent transcript, including all credits you’ve earned and your current grades-in-progress. If you have attended more than one high school, please send records of all credits earned from 9th grade to present. Submit both of these documents, preferably together, to:
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via fax to 773-534-4022
Transcripts and earned credits will be evaluated, and eligible applicants will be invited to audition. Please note that the evaluation process can take weeks, so your patience is appreciated.
It is the responsibility of the student to send in complete applications and transcripts before the deadline set by the Admissions office. The Admissions office cannot move forward in the process without first reviewing an applicants academic standing.
Please note, the transfer application is opened at the end of each semester for enrollment in the following semester. Our waitlist will expire 6 weeks into each semester. Due to the rigorous nature of our academic and arts programming, reassessment is needed for any students reapplying to our programs. If you wish to remain on the waitlist, you must resubmit an application and reaudition.