Admission & Audition Process for Transfer Students
The transfer window for students interested in transferring mid-year (2023-2024 school year) is now CLOSED!
How to Apply:
If you are a current 8th-grader, please visit go.cps.edu and fill out an application or add your name to the Rolling Waitlist to be considered for admission.
If the transfer application is not currently open, please fill out our transfer contact form for updates. Please only fill out this form if the transfer application is closed. Filling it out in lieu of the application will risk a student’s opportunity to transfer for the next semester. A link to the application is below.
Please look below for our transfer process and FAQs.
A complete application includes:
- Submitted application, online or paper
- Up-to-date high school transcript, including in-process credits from the current semester
- Attendance record
The transfer application along with the student’s current transcript and attendance record must be submitted. No late submissions will be accepted after the deadline.
Eligible students are invited to audition. Admission is based on openings in each class.
Questions to ask:
Is there space available?
Inquiries for the 2024/2025 school year may apply in Spring/Summer 2024. Auditions are scheduled for eligible students regardless of any immediate openings. Admissible students will be placed on a waitlist if no immediate seats are available. If you have questions, please contact our Admissions Office.
Do I Qualify?
We have provided a Transfer Guide to see if you qualify. You are ineligible if you do NOT meet these minimum academic requirements:
- GPA: 2.5 or higher
- Attendance rate: 92% or higher
- Earned credits on track with ChiArts graduation requirements (please see Transfer Guide linked here)
I think I’m eligible. What’s the process?
If the transfer application is open, complete the following steps. If the transfer application is not open, you must wait until it reopens. Any applications submitted before the transfer application opens will not be considered.
- Online applications are highly encouraged. If you prefer paper, download and complete our paper application. Please be sure to indicate for which grade you are applying. Please give the Admissions Office 2-3 business days to get back to you regarding the next steps.
- Submit your documents. You must submit your complete, most recent transcript, including all credits you’ve earned and your current classes and grades in progress. If you have attended more than one high school, please send records of all credits earned from 9th grade to the present. Submit both of these documents, preferably together, to:
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via fax to 773-534-4022
- Transcripts and earned credits will be evaluated, and eligible applicants will be invited to audition. Please note that the evaluation process can take weeks, so your patience is appreciated.
- It is the responsibility of the student to send in complete applications and transcripts before the deadline set by the Admissions office. The Admissions office cannot move forward without first reviewing an applicant’s academic standing.
- Please note that the transfer application is opened at the end of each semester for enrollment in the following semester. Our waitlist will expire 6 weeks into each semester. Due to the rigorous nature of our academic and arts programming, reassessment is needed for any students reapplying to our programs. If you wish to remain on the waitlist, you must resubmit an application and reaudition.